Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Daddy's Birthday




Well happy birthday to Phillip Woolard. Now some say, "Oh, you are Phillip Jr, so your dad is a Sr. Not so! He always says that he is not Sr, he is the original. I have thought about that. Everyone who has a son that is a "Jr." and signs their name "Sr." is not their real name right? I mean on my birth certificate it says, Phillip McCoy Woolard, Jr., but on his it just says Phillip McCoy Woolard. Go figure. Well enough of the rambling.


Today he is 66 years old or young, however you want to put it. I just know I am so glad to have him as a father. He has been a great role model in my life...at least when I finally started listening to him! I remember after my oldest McCoy (the III) was born I called dad and told him he had really gotten smart over a year. Come to find out, he was right a lot when I was younger.
Just think of all the things your parents have taught you. And if you are a boy, all the things your dad has taught you. I learned to shoot a gun, drive a truck, hunt, fish and sing a song at the drop of a hat when someone says words that remind you of it. Most of all, I have learned how to be a great father from him. I hope that I remember all the examples, although I must admit that I often did not pay attention too well. Well let me say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY dad and many more to follow!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading about your dad. What's the story with the last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if it is a prom picture or a picture of when him and mom got married. I think it is when they got married.

    ReplyDelete