Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Single Parent






Well just for a couple of more days anyway. My wife and oldest child is at Centri-Kid church camp. I was really worried about my son because sometimes he does not like to try anything new...especially if there are a bunch of people around. So, it is just me and my youngest here at home. Well the first day was very full. We saw them off and then I took Evan to tennis workouts. None of the girls showed up, so Evan and I hit some tennis balls. I would throw them to him and he would try to hit them over the chain fence. When he hit a couple over, he told me, "This tennis stuff is easy." I did not have the heart to tell him that that was not the object...He had so much fun. Afterwards, we went to the pool and then he went with me to give blood...and fell asleep. Thank goodness for our preacher and his wife who cooked lasagna with pepperonis on top for us...YUM YUM! We finished the night with Evan watching movies with a friend of his.






Last night he spent the night with my parents while I went to Greensboro to the coaches clinic....Now let me stray....



Can you tell me why football coaches, "muscled up" and "fatted up" have to walk around like they are so studly they cant clap their hands. All morning long I heard, "Hey coach." I am not sure if they cant remember each other's names from one meeting to another, or if it is just a universal coach greeting. I don't remember doing that when I was a football coach...at least I hope I did not. Back to the story..






Well we ate with my parents and now we are home getting ready for bed...or at least I am. Evan is WIDE awake in the chair watching The Suite Life. I think he could stay up all night if I would let him. Tomorrow we will have to work on cleaning up the house. As you can imagine, this looks like a bachelor pad. The dishes need to be clean, we have thrown clothes on the floor and left our shoes wherever we took them off. (I hope my wife doesn't read this!)






Now to the obvious....IT IS QUIET AND BORING AROUND HERE WITHOUT MY WIFE AND MCCOY. They should be back Friday night and I CANT WAIT. Having a full family is the greatest!






Next post....Old Family Stories..

No comments:

Post a Comment